Register today for an intensive 2-day workshop for acting in the video game industry. The course will be conducted by MoCapU and will feature top Canadian talents like Video Game Voice Director Simon Peacock, Ubisoft Animation Director Colin Graham, and Actor Ivan Sherry.
Day 1: Wanted! Sound & Picture, 409 King St West -- Sunday, October 29th, 2017, 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Day 2: SIRT, 225 Commissioners St., Soundstage 10 -- Monday, October 30th, 2017, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Day 1 is a full day in the booth with Simon Peacock, one of Canada’s top video game voice directors, learning all aspects of VO in video games. You will learn to work with the ADR and dubbing software, “Voice Q”. All actors will leave with their vocal rough cuts for personal review and demo creation (demo creation not included).
Day 2 starts with a classroom session and then it’s scene work until the end of the day. Instructors will be Simon Peacock, Ubisoft Animation Director Colin Graham, and actor Ivan Sherry. You will also create a “Motion Demo” to take with you. This is an invaluable tool for gaming companies to see how you walk, run, jump, fall, etc. The two days finish at a local hostelry for a Q & A (beverages not included).
The fee for this 16-hour workshop is $695 including taxes. Space is limited.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to audition for VO and Performance Capture
- What it is to perform in actual PCap conditions and how the tech works
- Hyper-reality: how performance in gaming differs from other genres
- What you must bring to the table and what to expect
- How to apply your training and experience to the gaming world
- The critical importance of cold-reading and strong choices
- Survival – adapting to the pace, the vocal and physical workout
- The language, industry background, etiquette, and dos and don’ts
To register send an email with your photo, resume and voice demo to email@example.com
Visit the MoCapU workshop page for more details