Register today for an intensive 3- day workshop for acting in video games.
Day 1: Social Captial Theatre, 145 Danforth Ave. -- Saturday, January 20th, 2018, 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Day 2: Supersonics, 135 Berkley St. -- Sunday, January 21st, 2018, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Day 3: SIRT, 225 Commissioner St., Soundstage 10 -- Monday, January 22nd, 2018, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Day 1 includes a presentation followed by rehearsal led by Carlo Mestroni. Carlos is one of Canada's top video game actors and teachers.
Day 2 is a full day in the booth with Carlo Mestroni, learning all aspects of video game VO. Actors will receive their rough cuts for personal review and demos.
Day 3: will get actors suited up for "volume" learning systems and cinematics along with Carlo Mestroni, Ubisoft Animation Director Colin Graham and actor Ivan Sherry. Actors will receive MoCap footage for personal review and demos. At the end of the day, we shall adjourn to a local hostelry for Q&A.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to audition for VO and Performance Capture
- What it is to perform in actual PCap conditions and how the tech works
- Hyper-reality: how performance in gaming differs from other genres
- What you must bring to the table and what to expect
- How to apply your training and experience to the gaming world
- The critical importance of cold-reading and strong choices
- Survival-adapting to the pace, the vocal and physical workout
- The language, industry background, etiquette, and dos and don'ts
- How to get the gig and what to do when you get there
The fee for the workshop is $799 (incl HST). Demo creation is not included
To register please visit: http://www.mocapu.ca/current-workshops/
Follow this link to get more information about the course and Mocap U: http://www.mocapu.ca/current-workshops/